Friday, September 14, 2007

Blessed

Today while both my children were napping ( I tried to nap but could not fall asleep no matter how hard I tried) I had a chance to reflect on how blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, a stable income, a nice place to live that is filled with nice things, family, friends, Health...the list can go on and on. I also realized that I haven't been as grateful for my blessings as I should be and that is something I want to change, especially since all of those wonderful blessings could be taken away in the blink of an eye. I recently found out that my old roommates father was in an accident and is now paralyzed from the neck down, A once active vibrant man is now confined to a wheelchair or bed for the rest of his life. I was so sad for him, but then I realized even under such circumstances he still is so blessed. He has the love and support of his family and family is the greatest thing we have!

No comments: