When we arrived we did some exploring before checking into our room at The Empress.

The hotel is historic and beautiful and it was fun to stay once. It is pricey and they charge you for parking which I will never understand why hotels do that, but I really enjoyed my stay.

We took a harbor tour on one of those cute little water taxi's, our driver was a funny old guy who made it very enjoyable.

We also toured Craigdarroch Castle. The stained glass was so pretty and the woodwork was fantastic...they just don't make buildings like that anymore.

Butchart gardens was so amazing! I have been at Christmastime before when nothing is blooming and it was still gorgeous with all the lights but to see it in summer was lovely.
This beautiful sunken garden used to be a rock quarry. It is stunning and it was the vision of one woman Jennie Butchart. She looked at an exhausted limestone quarry and saw the potential for beauty. That is inspiring to me!


We went whale watching while we were in Victoria and it was amazing...and very wet. I chose to sit on the top of the boat that wasn't covered while we headed out to open water and by the time I came back inside I was soaked.I wish I had a picture because I am sure it would have been awesome. I literally looked like dozens of buckets of water had been poured on me. But it was still exciting and fun. Seeing an Orca in the wild is pretty spectacular... I wish I had a super awesome camera that would have taken better pictures but I have my memories. We also got to see Seals and bald eagles.


There were so many beautiful flowers. I loved the Iris and the giant poppies in all shades of orange, red, and pink.

The bottom middle picture is of a HUGE hedge. It was so massive, truly impressive.
We went whale watching while we were in Victoria and it was amazing...and very wet. I chose to sit on the top of the boat that wasn't covered while we headed out to open water and by the time I came back inside I was soaked.I wish I had a picture because I am sure it would have been awesome. I literally looked like dozens of buckets of water had been poured on me. But it was still exciting and fun. Seeing an Orca in the wild is pretty spectacular... I wish I had a super awesome camera that would have taken better pictures but I have my memories. We also got to see Seals and bald eagles.
We drove home along the coast and it made me miss Washington. It is so beautiful and peaceful and it was the perfect end to my vacation.
1 comment:
I think those pictures are fantastic! I think that is where i am going to have to plan my next vacation. Simply gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment