Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Night to Remember


Last month we were invited to a special dinner date with a group of our friends. It was hosted by a wonderful couple from our church and they really went all out. They even sent us invitations including a menu that we could choose our dinner . When we arrived they had their patio set up all fancy and we decided to dress fancy so it worked out great! We had fake flower corsages and some of us even wore old prom dresses and tuxedos. Here we are The Warners, The Cooks, The Smurthwaites & The Teeples


Watch out Charlie's Angels...these moms are taking over.


Dinner was really good and the company was even better. We are blessed to have met such wonderful friends here, we will miss them when we move but I know I will always keep in touch with these special friends.


After dinner we even got our pictures taken...it was like high school prom all over again...but way more fun this time.

After dessert , telling our stories of how we met, and a heart to heart from our hosts we headed home to our kids. As we left that night I was a little more in love with Ben and so excited to spend the rest of eternity together. I hope we are as happy as the sweet couple who gave us such a wonderful evening, and I look forward to hosting an evening like this for others some day too!

5 comments:

sportyrls said...

What a fun evening!

Anonymous said...

Was this just an older couple who wanted to do something nice for the young folks who needed a date night? What an awesome idea, I love it!

Jenni said...

I need to close my mouth! :)

Deborah said...

So fun!!! That looks like a blast. Love the pics ---Are you moving again? wow - I think I"m behind on the times. Where to?

jamie said...

how fun! looks like a good time and glad you could share it with some great people!