Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas, Christmas time is here...





I love Christmas! First of all I love the decorations, usually I put mine up the day after Thanksgiving but this year I didn't get them up until Sunday. Since then my tree has been re-decorated several times...the bottom branches are a little droopy because they have so many ornaments on them.


The second thing I love about Christmas are the crafts. Allison and I did our first 2 Christmas crafts today. First we made a Santa out of her hand print, she loved getting messy with the paint. Then we made a reindeer out of a paper bag. The reindeer in the picture was our second attempt the first one looked like a cat with crazy hair. If I would have had a jingle bell I would have put it on a pipe cleaner and used that around the reindeer neck instead of just drawing it on. Also I couldn't find a red pom-pom so the nose is kind of boring. I seriously had every color even sparkly ones just not red...Poor Rudolph!
And the third thing I love about Christmas are the smells. I love the smell of pine trees, fresh baked cookies, and cinnamon pine cones. When I need a little Christmas smell boost I like to put some oranges, cinnamon, bay leaves and cloves in a pan and simmer them on my stove.
Oh I know I already mentioned I love Cutie mandarin oranges, but now they have these cute sayings on them which makes me love them even more. Also Allison says "I need a cutie mom" which is pretty cute!

No comments: