Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Tomorrow I have the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving and my anniversary on the same day. At first I was a little bummed that I had to share either occasion but now I realize it is kind of perfect to share the day. I am so thankful that Ben is my husband, I am thankful we have survived 4 year of marriage and I am thankful for our children so why not celebrate on the day set aside for being thankful! Another plus is that we don't have to spend lots of money eating out because we will get a awesome meal at home.




I was looking up what the traditional gift was for a 4th anniversary and it is fruit& flowers or the modern gift is electrical appliances. I thought is was a fun coincidence that we just got a new washer and dryer I guess that will be our gift to each other.


I also have to explain the picture from this posting...I love green bean casserole! Thanksgiving would not be the same without it and this year I am in charge of bringing it. I sent Ben to the store to get the french fried onions he returned 45 minutes later with no onions and a story of him and two store clerks searching the store for these non-existent onions. I was positive that they carried them so I went on my own quest. I walked in the store and headed for the canned vegetable isle and WOW! what do you know there were several cans of French's french fried onions right next to the green beans. Seriously if it was a snake it would have bitten me! But all is well I will get to have my green bean casserole for thanksgiving & my anniversary!




No comments: