

My Christmas in Washington was wonderful, it was even a white Christmas! We stayed with my parents and my sister and her family came up as well. Allison had lots of fun chasing her older cousin Elijah around and she also liked to argued a lot with her other cousin Ian who is just 2 months older than her. It was cute to hear the kids ask "is that my baby sister?" since my sister and I both have new babies and we were usually holding the other one.
On Christmas eve we had our usual smorgasbord of food that the kids helped prepare (apparently I still need to teach Allison not to play with her food.) The kids also got their new jammies, they looked so cute! We also all enjoyed lots of hot chocolate while we were there. I had forgotten how much I love it, and Ben said he never knew that about me either...I guess we still have things to learn of one another even after 4 years of marriage.
Christmas morning was fun, Allison loved her Luciana barbie doll with matching dress in her size. She also liked her stacking dolls I like them too, maybe now she will leave mine on my shelf! Ben got the i-pod he wanted and I got everything I asked for and then some. My mom made me a quilt for my bed, it is beautiful and I can't wait until it is completely finished. My mom took the grand kids to the dollar store to pick out a gift for their parents, Allison got me some plastic grapes...I thought it was cute and I actually love grapes, I used to be obsessed with the big glass grapes that my great aunts had in their homes. Emma spent the morning in the bumbo seat chewing on her new toys and trying to avoid being buried in the wrapping paper.
It was a great Christmas season and I am glad I got to spend it with my loved ones I am so blessed to have so many people who love me. I am also glad for the true meaning of Christmas and that Jesus was born to save the world!
1 comment:
Great post Jordy! You will have to send me some of those pictures! It was great seeing you and your cute family again!
Love you...HUGS
Post a Comment