As I stood outside the library today watching this river rage I was in awe of Mother Nature. This river is usually fairly shallow and crystal clear but today it resembled watered down chocolate pudding that was ready to overtake many roads near our home. I always loved how the library is suspended over the river but today I actually felt scared to be so close to the water the fierce current looked to dangerous.

There are usually many blackberry bushes and shrubs at the base of these trees but they are all submerged.

This picture is blurry but you can see the water is only inches away from this bridge I drive on frequently.

After our visit to the library we headed home and saw a perfect and complete rainbow. Seeing this rainbow brought me joy and peace a very different feeling from when I looked at the river just minutes before, but I was still in awe of Mother Nature...she can be deadly and untamed yet beautiful and filled with peace.
4 comments:
wow!
That's cool that the library is built over the river... as long as that river doesn't get any higher : ). We're thinking to come up that way this weekend, could you email me your phone number? sportyrls AT yahoo DOT com
Thanks!
Great pics Jordy! That rives was deep!
Oh my goodness--that is incredible!
Post a Comment