Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Book Sling


I was flipping through our latest issue of Family Fun magazine when I saw a cute idea for a book sling. Allison really likes having books up on her top bunk so I decided to make one for her. I was excited because I finally had something to use my Matryoshka doll fabric on...and I know how Allison has been eyeing this particular fabric. The sling in the magazine used iron on adhesive but I chose to sew my sling, Also they had the dowels cut to the length of their fabric but our dowels stick out on the ends...I didn't want to go cut them and I don't think it really matters:) Both girls have really enjoyed having books near their beds so I would say this project was a success.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

The book sling turned out really cute. Way to go.

Hallenbergers said...

I saw this too!!! So talented! I am going to make one too.....some day!

Cortney said...

This is awesome! I love it--I love the project itself, and I love the fabric too! I actually bought the same fabric...someday I'll do the project I want to with it, and you'll be on the top of the list to see it! :)

Jessica said...

Oh, what a great idea! This is so perfect! I am so tempted to make one. Looks like there are a lot of us "someday" girls watching you :)