Thursday, August 19, 2010

Smurthwaite Family Reunion 2010

This year Ben and I were in charge of the Smurthwaite reunion. We decided to have it in Paradise, UT and we had such a wonderful time with our family. We can't wait to see them again. This picture is of part of the group after a fun day at the park and a Temple session
Allison just adores her cousin Carla.

The sun was working against us in this picture but I think it is still a treasure to have a picture with everyone who was there.

Ben and I referred to this reunion as SmurthFest 2010 and the first night we had a dance. We did the Bunny hop, electric slide, even the Bunny hop.

While the Smurthwaite siblings were at the Temple the kids and some of the moms played at the Logan Zoo and park.

Everyone loved decorating their hats...even the teenagers.

Hanging out at the park.
More fun at the park...we did bubbles and colored pictures.

Everyone loved making button bracelets.
The kids also had fun creating outfits for the foam people.
Ben's sister Sherri did a wonderful job planning the food. It was both yummy and messy! A handle on one of the pots fell off while I was carrying it and the baked beans went everywhere...we stopped mid-cleanup to document the mess.
We played the running game and the girls danced to Barbie Princess music.

We had a talent show...I think the most impressive was Marlise knowing all the Smurthwaite full names, birth dates, and anniversary dates.

Smurthwaite Olympics
After the Olympics they wanted to race and see who was the fastest...I believe Devin won with Adam right behind him.

We were all winners in the Olympics but the grand prize went to the yellow team. I think the red team had the best cheer and enthusiasm.
We played pool and tennis and even had a paper airplane contest. The Richmond's dominated the competition.

We headed over to Hyrum dam for some water time. It was very rocky but the kids still had fun.


The reunion was a success and we had lots of fun. I know that was way to many pictures but I loved them all and I couldn't narrow it down any further. Can't wait to see everyone for SmurthFest 2012!!

3 comments:

emily jean said...

This is Sherri on Emily's computer.

Wow, Jordie, awesome blog!!! Thanks for making this the greatest reunion ever! You are a treasure. You thought of so many fun ideas to make it so happy and a valuable relationship-building experience for everyone. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Also, thank you for spending your time
pouring cuteness into those darling girls of yours.

Ben is blessed to have you as is our whole family. I love you and want to be like you when I grow up!!

emily jean said...

This is Merrilee on Emily's computer.

Hurray for Jordie! You are so ausome! I want to tell you how much I appreciate all you and Ben did to organize and contribut to the reunion. I am so awed and inspired by all your craft ideas and your wonderful planning that you did. There are no words adequate enough to express how grateful I am to you and Ben for making the reunion the best ever for everyone. I enjoyed making those button bracelets so much that after I got home I went to Joanne's and bought some more buttons and rings and made some more with my kids. Thank you for being there in spite of the car difficulty. Ben is very lucky to have you. As are we all to have you in our family. I love you. Thanks again.

Marlise said...

That was perfect, Jordie. Your pictures are great--you caught really fun moments! It was a great reunion and our family really appreciated it! Hope to see you soon!