For some reason when I am the busiest I get the most quilting done...how does that work? I have been finalizing reunion planning and doing finals for school the past 2 weeks but I have also managed to work on 4 quilts as well. They are small baby and kids quilts but I am still impressed with myself.
The quilt on the left is called a stacked coins quilt and it is for Allison. It is from 1930 prints which I love. I had tons of rectangles left over so I am working on another quilt (top right) that I will finish after the reunion. The bottom left quilt is finished except hand stitching the binding which I will do on the drive to Utah. It is for a soon to be new baby in the family.
This is Emma's quilt. I took some of her old clothes and used them in a quilt. She had this adorable yellow checked shirt with a scalloped bottom that she had outgrown but I couldn't bear to give it away so now it is forever in her quilt. Also The monkey is from her all time favorite shirt that had gotten to many stains on it. I also threw in some pieces of an old white shirt of Alli's and the bottom of some pink capri pants. I didn't really measure things on this quilt so it has some quirky lines but I love it, it's imperfections make it special and Emma loves it which is all that matters. She even uses it without the binding be completely finished.
The quilt on the left is called a stacked coins quilt and it is for Allison. It is from 1930 prints which I love. I had tons of rectangles left over so I am working on another quilt (top right) that I will finish after the reunion. The bottom left quilt is finished except hand stitching the binding which I will do on the drive to Utah. It is for a soon to be new baby in the family.
This is Emma's quilt. I took some of her old clothes and used them in a quilt. She had this adorable yellow checked shirt with a scalloped bottom that she had outgrown but I couldn't bear to give it away so now it is forever in her quilt. Also The monkey is from her all time favorite shirt that had gotten to many stains on it. I also threw in some pieces of an old white shirt of Alli's and the bottom of some pink capri pants. I didn't really measure things on this quilt so it has some quirky lines but I love it, it's imperfections make it special and Emma loves it which is all that matters. She even uses it without the binding be completely finished.
2 comments:
I used that same scallopped edge shirt in Sadie's quilt. I love it. It's my favorite part.
I am way impressed with your quilting skills.
Post a Comment