Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New House

The other day I asked Ben for a big cardboard box to make the girls a play house. He brought me home a 55" Vizio box...I was baffled how I would turn a flat box into a house...Ben said "I am sure you will figure it out" and I did. After turning the box inside out and doing some major reshaping I had created the perfect house. One window comes down so they can play drive through and order food, which is one of their favorite games so far. They also filled the House with babies and said it was "baby care."
The girls had a side that they could decorate with whatever they wanted...there were lots of hearts. Allison Also drew a kitty on the front. The handle of the box made the perfect mail slot and the small holes along the bottom I thought could be the Kitty door. The girls explained that it was to small for the kitty but would be perfect for their pet mouse. So of course we had to add a mouse.
I love that Allison wrote "I Love you House!" I certainly love the house it has already provided many hours of enjoyment and it didn't cost me anything except my time which was time well spent. :)


5 comments:

sportyrls said...

Love it! The house turned out great and looks so fun- I want to come play in it : ).

MLE HUNTER said...

What an amazing idea! Things are always more "amazing" when they're CHEAP! :o)

Gwen said...

I love the little house -- very creative.

Jessica said...

You are sooo creative! I wish I had your vision. In fact, I just had a 55" tv box from our new tv! The kids made their own fort with it and I just cut it apart and threw it out yesterday. Sad!

Marlise said...

You are so good! I love the house!