Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I can sew?!?!?



After helping my friend Ruth with her daughters quilts and being around my other friend Jenn who is great at sewing I felt the urge to sew. So I dusted off my sewing machine I got when I was 16 and grabbed some scrap fabric.I didn't get very far...Lets just say my machine has some issues and is going to the repair shop.
I wasn't going to give up that easily because I really had the desire to sew so I borrowed my friend Mollie's machine to do some practice. I wanted to practice before I began my big adventure of making my mom a quilt. It was going to be a surprise but I can't keep secrets like that...and I may need her sewing knowledge on my new quest! So for my first practice sewing project I made a small flannel blanket; Allison loves it even though the stiching isn't straight and there are a couple of yucky spots. Then for my second project I am making a small quilt for Allison to keep in the car so maybe she won't take her sisters blanket. I got the strips for one side sewn together and the plan is to hand quilt it...I will take a picture of the final product whenever it gets finished...hopefully it won't be to long!

3 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

That's fabulous. I can't wait to see the finished products in real life. Ruth

Hallenbergers said...

Jordy, I love that apple fabric? Do I get one?!?!?! Great job, I am proud of my sista.

jenn said...

Seriously Jordan - do you ever sleep??

Thanks for the V-day card!