Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

58 things I love about my mother…
She is giving
Spoils her grandkids
She Loves to read
Generous
Loves cowboy music
Plays guitar
Sings
She let me plan my own birthday parties
She can sew
How she folds paper when she is bored
She uses hot rollers for her hair…I still can not get the hang of those.
Her sloppy Joes
She makes lists
writes things on napkins and then can’t find them
Decorates several Christmas trees
She likes stale peeps
She doesn’t mind that I call her every day…well I don’t think she minds!
how she has to do the Sudoku puzzle every day in the paper
She enjoys doing jigsaw puzzles
She does crossword puzzles
She asks how the movie ends before she will watch it
her skinny ankles
her mother intuition
Her handwriting
Great Kindergarten Teacher
Always willing to help
When she reads to my girls
How she let me turn her basement into a jungle
Her willingness to serve in our church
she likes garage sales
she likes second hand stores
Her smile
Her sense of humor
Excellent grandparent
How she sends cards for every Holiday
How Thoughtful she is
Her compassion for animals
How she made a king size denim blanket for Ben
When she does the dishes when she visits
How she willingly sleeps with Allison when she visits
The way she encourages me to be a better person
How she gets frustrated that other drivers won’t let her merge even though she doesn’t have her blinker on.
That she loves Mexican food
That she is my number one blog fan!
That she gave me my life
That she hates camping
She taught me to be on time
She enjoys gardening
That she likes my husband…sometimes I think more than she likes me!
That she quit drinking diet Pepsi
That she raised me to be responsible
How she let me help her do bulletin boards when I was younger
How she taught me the importance of education
That she married my dad
How her car has to have a handle above the door
How she loves spiders
That we sound alike on the phone
That she makes me want to be a better person

5 comments:

Hallenbergers said...

I love the one about mom wanting to merge without her blinker!!! She is one in a million!!! I like that she fixes anything that needs fixen(sewed) when she visits!

Gwen said...

Well, that made my day. Thanks. I'm getting better about using my blinker!

Gwen said...

Well, that made my day. Thanks. I'm getting better about using my blinker!

Anonymous said...

"writes things on napkins and then can’t find them"

Had to laugh at this one. She asked me my address a few times, and wrote it on a napkin that became lost :)

She is a wonderful mother, teacher, and all around great person!

Mitchell Family said...

Loved this, sounds like a lot of your best traits you inherited from your mom. And now I know why you are so good at planning activities. I guess I better let my girls start planning their own birthday parties. Ruth