Ben left us for the weekend and flew to Pasadena, CA to compete at the International Youth Chorus Festival...By "youth" they mean anyone under 30. He sang with Northwest Vocal Project a local barbershop chorus that he found when we moved here last summer. He not only sings with them but is their director of music as well. So they competed and were able to get a better score than their last competition, in fact THEY WON the whole competition! This means they get to sing at the show of Champions at the "adult" internationals this summer in Anaheim. I am so happy that they sang well and I am very glad to have Ben home even though I still haven't seen much of him...poor guy went straight to bed he is really sick. Anyway...here are some picture he took while he was gone.
I wish the pictures were better but you get the idea.
NVP
Northwest Vocal Project
Oh and I made that lovely banner thing they are standing on...way to go me!
I love how I give myself compliments but seriously after a weekend without Ben I think I deserve it!
6 comments:
Way to go Ben and NVP! Jord,the banner looks great. Thanks for letting me spent some time with you and the girls. I always enjoy it.
Congrats Ben! Jordy the banner looks great :)
Sounds like fun!! I was thinking of you guys when I didn't get to go to the barbershop festival here in January. Congrats on winning! Keep singing and keep sewing (everything you sew looks amazing Jordie!)
WHOOOT! CONGRATS!!!!
That's awesome! Way to go (to both of you!). :)
Wow! Jordie(did you spell it Jordy?), you are a treasure. thanks for being such a good wife to Ben. Hey--when in the summer is that thing in Anaheim? I'd like to go see him sing.
Post a Comment