I knew from the first test they did that something was truly wrong. She had to do lots of tests and she even got her eyes dilated. They gave her some awesome sunglasses to wear the rest of the day. Thankfully the doctor and his staff were wonderful and patient. The doctor told us we were lucky to catch it early and that Emma's vision will eventually be nearly perfect. He also informed me that we will become good friends over the next couple years and that this will be hardest on me. I have to make sure she wears her new glasses and perhaps a patch in the future. I will have to deal with any temper tantrums and may have to use bribery but as long as I win the battle Emma will be just fine :)She has had her glasses for 24hrs now and we have had to clean them about 10 times but she has been pretty good about keeping them on. She looks so darling in her little glasses and she has been getting lots of compliments which she likes and I think it helps her want to wear them.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness- who knew that little Emma could get any cuter!! Those glasses are adorable! I'm glad you caught it early and I hope she wears them well for you.
I was 4 when I was diagnosed with the same thing. I had to wear a patch for awhile and all that other stuff you wrote about.
Glasses are fun and cool. Emma will learn to like them because she can see better with them on;)
I only learned about it a couple of years ago, because a friend of mine out here was diagnosed with it when she was young--but it all worked out.
Emma looks great in her glasses--she is one adorable little girl! :)
Post a Comment