Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Phineas and Ferb Friday: Belly of the Beast

Here is another way past due post...When my parent were visiting my mom got to join us for
P & F Friday and it was a really interesting one. A friend from church took us to his lab to see sharks and other sea creatures.
We even got to go onto the Scripps Pier which is for researchers only.
We got to see tiger sharks, abalone, cuttlefish, sting rays, star fish, sea urchins and anemones. The cuttlefish were my personal favorite along with the brittle star fish. Did you know if you lick a sea anemone it will make your tongue go numb and feel like you are eating pop rocks? None of us tried it but a few youth from church apparently have.
The Mitchells did a great job making a shark pinata and the kids had fun breaking open the Belly of the beast.
I love James face... I imagine he is wishing he had John's pile of candy;)

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Thanks for letting me tag along. It was so much fun and I learned a lot too. Now I can say I've been on the Scripp's Pier.