Cortney, a friend of mine found this wonderful project over at http://www.mamatomama.org/ . The project was to make newborn hats from old t-shirts to send to the babies in Haiti...so last night after we had put our kiddos to bed we all met at my house for a night of cutting and sewing.
Cutting, sewing and some great conversation. Jenni and I loved the big pile of fabric trimmings, it is now in a jar on my craft desk and I am going to think of something great to do with it....maybe hair for a future monster project we shall see.
Thanks to Kailey for donating her shirts even though she couldn't come...we missed you. And thanks to Jen for stopping by for a little bit I hope you feel better.
Check out all those cute little hats.....Our final count was 100!
This project was fun and so simple but it made me feel so good inside to be serving others. I will probably never get to see a Haitian baby in one of these hats but I hope that they feel loved when they wear them. My goal today is to make 2-3 blankets to send to this wonderful cause. If you want to help with this project go check out the mama to mama blog it gives you all the details and instructions.
4 comments:
I love your post! I can't wait to do mine. Could you send me some of the pictures? You don't need to send them all but some cute ones you didn't post or some of your favorites would be fun. Thanks and your house was perfect for this. I want to come and project there every day. You're the best!
They look GREAT! Thanks for the sweet shout out! Actually, the shirts were stolen from my Grandparent's closet, and I did the cutting! They all really turned out great! You guys are awesome. I'll see you later to make our shirts!! :)
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! Those are soooo cute!!! GOOD WORK! Now you have to make some newborn ones for my photo's!!!! =)
What a great project! I'm going to stock up on tshirts so I can try this out : ).
Post a Comment