Last week Allison fell off my bed and hurt her arm. She couldn't lift it on her own and when we picked her up she would cry. This had happened before when we lived in San Diego but it healed on its own so we decided to wait until after Christmas to see if it would get better...plus our doctor was closed for the holidays and spending our day in urgent care seemed silly. So we went on with life as usual and then yesterday her arm still wasn't 100% better so I took her in to the doctor. The doctor poked around at her arm and Allison seemed to not feel any pain. She had more range of motion than last week but still couldn't lift her arm all the way. The doctor didn't think it was broken but she sent us for an x-ray just to be safe...well surprise it was broken! The break is on the very top of her arm near her shoulder on the under side closest to her body. Gratefully it is set perfectly on it's own and the doctor says she should heal perfectly in a few weeks...of course that is as long as she doesn't re-injure it. SO no jumping, running, riding her new bike, climbing and no violin lessons this month. I feel bad that I didn't take her in sooner but the Doctor said they would have just given her a sling and smart little Allison was already using her other arm as a sling to brace her bad arm. I am not sure Allison understands that she needs to be careful when she plays so a few prayers that she doesn't re-injure her arm would be helpful.
3 comments:
What a tough little girl you have.
WHOOOWEEEE! Been there done that! Hope your arm feels better soon Alli! Be good and take extra good care of it ok! (((HUGS)))
Oh poor little girl! I'm sad about the lessons but I want her to get all better first. Anything I can do?
Post a Comment