Friday, March 20, 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Turns 40!

To celebrate this great books birthday we had some friends over for a tea party. I made a caterpillar and all of the food he eats so the kids could help act out the story.

I also made a table runner out of some adorable Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric. We ate fruit kabobs, little smokies, chocolate cake, cheese, and had some apple juice as our tea.

Here are Abby and Alli with their books.

After the yummy food we played The Very Hungry Caterpillar board game. It was a little long for our busy kiddos so we played by our own rules.
Then we played dress up...aren't these kids adorable.

3 comments:

sportyrls said...

They are so adorable! And they all had so much fun... and me too. Thanks for inviting us to such a fun celebration and tea party!

Lynzee Marie said...

I wish i could have such a cool tea party! I have my own blog now... and want to know all the cool tricks that you know for blogging!
tell Alli that we miss her!

Mitchell Family said...

What a great idea. I'm sorry such a milestone went unmarked in our home. Ruth