Monday, March 9, 2009

Very Hungry Caterpillar...take one




March 20th is the 40th Anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We are planning to have Lauren and Abby over for a tea party and to play games and read lots of Eric Carle books. I wanted to make a very hungry caterpillar and this is my first attempt (it might be my last since it looks pretty cute!) Now I am going to make food cutouts that this little guy can "eat" through...then the girls can help act out the story at their tea party.

7 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Love Eric Carle!!!! Aidan has the very hungry caterpillar bed set, it is very cute!

Gwen said...

Very, very cute!

sportyrls said...

I love it!! You are so fun and have the best ideas! Abigail is already so excited to come play with Alli : ).

Sarah said...

How big is this, exactly?

Jordan said...

The caterpillar is made from the sleeve of a child's sweatshirt I think it's about a foot long

emily jean said...

I think that is a pretty amazing first attempt! and Tea Parties are so much fun!! you have this tendency to inspire me jordie

Cortney said...

I think that looks so great! I hope your tea party goes well!