Sunday, April 5, 2009

Preparing our Garden

Since it was the perfect day on Saturday we decided to prepare our garden plot...we are doing a square foot garden this year. Ben had some tile that was discarded at work that we used as our patharound our squares, it looks pretty good even without the plants. I didn't take a before picture but we did do lots of work...We pulled tons of weeds and unwanted plants and then we tilled the earth and worked in peet moss and compost so our soil would be great for the future seedlings! The girls loved being outside all day and I am excited to actually plant the garden in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow, you did a lot of work. It looks great. I'll expect you both to come help me get my garden ready because now you are experts.

Debby said...

We did Square foot gardening last summer and LOVED it! It is a little bit of work - but it was a ton of fun. Good luck - keep us posted as it grows.