Sunday, January 24, 2010

I love Rain...most of the time!

This past week we experienced some crazy rain here in San Diego. Since we usually don't get that much rain all at once it was pretty intense. There were some scary moments when I was driving and there was lots of flooding. The gardeners at our complex had to pump water out of the potted plants because they were so wet. Huge trees uprooted themselves because the ground was so saturated and the winds were pretty crazy too. At one point there was even a tornado warning...crazy! These pictures don't even show how crazy the rain was and it was usually going sideways. All the whiteish grey color is rain water, probably a couple inches deep. It went like a water fall down our stairs. I love the rain but I was ready for it to be finished. At least we got to see a good rainbow with all that rain.






1 comment:

Cortney said...

Wow! :) Even in Seattle I say--WOW!