Last week as we were organizing Ruth's craft desk she found some patterns and fabric that her mom, Zoe had started to sew before she passed away last year. She said I was welcome to take them and finish it for Allison. What a privilege it was to finish this dress the fabric was beautiful and the pattern was darling but the best part was how I felt as I sewed. I felt an excitement to finish and a happy peaceful feeling upon completion. I hope it made smile Zoe smile to know it was finished and that it is being loved by Allison who wants to wear it every day. Thank you Ruth for your friendship and for the blessing you are in my life.
On another one of my days at Ruth's our friend Jenn came over and we made Lemon Curd. It turned out yummy and I was sent home with the leftover egg whites to attempt my first Angel food cake. It turned out marvelous and was the perfect companion to the lemon curd. Thanks Jenn for the lemons and your company life is always so much fun with you around.
3 comments:
That dress is darling! I will take 2 please!! =)
oh Jordan!!! how wonderful to get to sew some of Zoe's projects!! and the thought of you and Ruth and Jenn getting together couldn't have made me more homesick. you are so lucky!!!!
I'm the lucky one. Your visits have really pulled me through a hard time.
Post a Comment