Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Springing into Easter

I love spring time and Easter! I have many wonderful Easter memories from my childhood and I hope I can create some memorable moments for my girls too.

Ben asked if I was making the girl's Easter dresses and I told him no. I have a final to study for and a few other things going on and it never crossed my mind to make dresses. After Ben asked I decided I couldn't make them dresses but I could embellish some simple store bought ones and that is exactly what I did. The dress is from Target. I added the sash with a flower, it ties in the back. I also added the lace at the bottom and made a matching headband. I think it turned out really cute. Emma's dress will look the same except it will have a pink sash with a blue flower and she will have a blue flower barrette. I am thinking of making a flower headband for me or maybe a sash and flower to wear with my new skirt, I will see how I feel after I finish Emma's dress.
We dyed Easter eggs for family home evening last night and all I have to say is Oh My! Emma thought it was OK to use her hands to retrieve the eggs from the dye, she is now very colorful. She also dyed a whole dozen eggs by herself in under 3 minutes...she doesn't mess around. I liked her paper towel when she was finished it was a work of art.

Allison did a great job, she is a pro at Easter eggs since she did them at preschool last week. Lately she is a pro at everything I can tell she is almost five :)

The girls and I planted some wheat grass to use as our tables centerpiece for Easter. It is amazing that after 4 days it looks like this...

5 comments:

sportyrls said...

Cute dresses!

Lynzee Marie said...

So Cute! I love easter eggs! One idea i have is Wheat grass sponge houses. I did it in Activity days a couple years ago and it was very fun. I bet if you look it up on google it will come up.

Keep doing the fun things! I love to see whats going on.

Hallenbergers said...

That dress is too cute! You can tell Alli is proud of it too! Man, I remember mom making most of our dresses....I better get on it!

jenn said...

you've been busy! Emma totally cracks me up!! I can just hear you: "seriously Emma..."

Jessica said...

Jordan, I love the dresses! I'm so impressed at your craftiness!!

Since I'm new to blogging, I'm curious...how did you get your pictures to look so cute before you posted them? They are arranged so perfectly!