Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dragon Fruit


Today my friend Ruth gave me a dragon fruit off one of her many amazing fruit plants. It is such a pretty fruit I would love to have a bowl of them to just look at.
It's funny but this little fruit made me so grateful for so many things...for my sight that I could see such pretty things, for Heavenly Father giving us such wonderful diverse things to eat...for friends who bless my life for many reason including but not limited too giving me fruit. So after thinking of all the things I was grateful for the girls and i cut it open and gave it a try.
It's texture is very much like a kiwi but its taste is much more mellow. It is sweet but in a very bland sort of way. It was exciting to try something new...it isn't something I would have around all the time obviously but it could be fun to add to a fruit salad sometime. Thanks Ruth for the pretty dragon fruit!

1 comment:

Darren and Brandi said...

that has got to be one of the coolest looking fruits i've seen in a while. wow! how fun!