Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Forgotten summer photos

This summer we had our Holmgren family Reunion in Utah...it was a blast! I love visiting with all my relatives. I don't have many pictures I hope my sister will send me a disk from her camera soon (hint hint!) The kids loved playing in any type of water...it was hot enough that I wanted to jump in the kiddie pool!
I love muttin bustin! I did it all the time as a kids, And to my shock Allison actually rode a sheep this year at the 24th of July celebration in Bear River, UT. The guy helping grabbed her off before she got to far because I didn't think she would ever do it again if she got stepped on on her first time. Looking back I wish I would have just let her go all by herself...maybe next year!

The girls also got to be on the family float this year...it was most of the great-grand kids of Phyllis and Gordon Holmgren and our floats theme was "It took all kinds to make the West" We had pioneers, Indians, cowboys, Brigham Young, Dance hall girls, Cowgirls, Mountain men etc. I loved being in this parade when I was little we would always win a prize. This year I believe we got 3rd. My favorite year was when I got to be a mermaid on the float...I think we won the grand prize that year.


It was a fun reunion and I hope to see my family again soon. I miss you all and love you very much!

1 comment:

Hallenbergers said...

LOL Ohhh yeah I was going to do that! Well I am pregnant...that's a good excuse right?!! I will get on that.