Monday, January 7, 2008

Growing up

I actually did Allison's hair today and she actually didn't throw a fit, it was great! When I was finished and I looked at her I almost cried, she is getting so big. She is not my little baby anymore and I am not sure if I am ready for her to grow up. I will miss all of her cute little faces she makes and her innocence. I am sure she will have plenty more little faces to give me when she is a teenager.

Some cute things she has been doing are...
she loves making up and telling stories. Yesterday she said "once upon a time there was a little girl named daddy." she stopped and laughed and then continued "not a little girl, so silly, a beautiful little boy named daddy."

She also thanks me for cooking dinner every time we eat which I love and she said her first dinner prayer all on her own the other night.

If she doesn't suggest something herself she won't do it and it we help her with anything she will re-do it herself. For example I asked her if she wanted a doll she said yes so I went and got it...oops! She got a little frustrated and then went and put the doll back where it was. She looked at me very independently then grabbed the doll herself.

2 comments:

Hallenbergers said...

She is so DANG CUTE! That hair is adorable....the pouty face is the best!! Crop that closer turn it into B&W and ahhhhh....love it!

Anonymous said...

gee, I wonder where she got the independent streak from? You were just like that -- if we suggested something, you would do the opposite.